when i first saw this recipe on one my favorite blogs, i was definitely skeptical. loaded baked potato dip? really? but then thinking more about it, it made sense – i mean sour cream, bacon, green onions, and cheddar cheese are all of the delicious toppings you serve on a loaded baked potato. so it really shouldn’t be a surprise that you could just dip some potato chips in these delicious toppings and it would taste great.
but then something even more amazing happened. i went to the original recipe and saw that that person actually served her loaded baked potato dip with waffle fries! i love waffle fries! plus they are much more potato-y than just plain potato chips. i was sold and decided to make this recipe this a couple weekends ago.
this recipe is awesome. it’s super simple but totally satisfying. it really tasted like a loaded baked potato or even bacon cheddar potato skins – you know the kind that you can get at tgifridays. and of course making this dip with either waffle fries or just potato chips, it’s sooo much easier than actually baking potatoes or making potato skins and all that jazz. win!
i hope you make this loaded baked potato dip for your next game watching party or potluck! you’ll be glad you did.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
adapted slightly from Brown Eyed Baker
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 slices (12-ounce package) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, salt and pepper (reserving a little bit of bacon, cheese, and green onion for garnish) in a medium bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld together.
- Garnish with the reserved shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions.
- Serve with your favorite potato chips or waffle fries.
- Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Loaded Baked Potato Dip