along with the risotto that tammy and i made this past weekend, we also made cola glazed baked wings. tammy found the recipe on a great blog, steamy kitchen. these were good but kind of interesting. at first glance these wings definitely look like asian flavored wings, but they aren’t. they’re sticky sweet, slightly citrus-y wings. so when you bite into the the flavor kind of throws you off. either way they were easy to make and pretty tasty!
Cola Glazed Baked Wings
from Steamy Kitchen
- 1 cup cola
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced (discard the seeds)
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the glaze, in a small sauce pan, bring the soda, lime juice, brown sugar and the minced jalapeno to a boil over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture is syrupy, about 30 minutes; keep warm over low heat.
- To prepare the wings, place the wing pieces in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour about half the glaze over the wings and toss to coat. Keep the remaining sauce warm over low heat.
- To bake the wings, position an oven rack 4 inches below the broiler element in the oven. Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the glazed wing on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes per side, brushing twice on each side with the reserved glaze.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Cola Glazed Baked Wings