i love broken glass jello. in hawaii, whenever we went to a potluck someone usually brought broken glass jello and it was always one of my favorite desserts. i haven’t really seen it on the mainland though. i don’t know why because it is easy, delicious, and super fun! i just love how colorful it is. don’t you? it is a little bit of a process and it takes some time but it is certainly not difficult and it is well worth the wait. i hope you try out this recipe soon! i think you’ll love it just as much as i do!
first pick 4 of your favorite jello flavors…
then for each flavor, dissolve one box of jello in one cup of boiling water. pour into a container and refrigerate until firm…
once all of the jello is set, cut into squares and carefully mix in a 9 X13 pan…
now pour the sweetened condensed milk gelatin mixture over the jello blocks…
let the jello refrigerate over night to set and voila, broken glass jello! yay!!!
Broken Glass Jello
from food librarian
- 4 small boxes (3 oz. each) of Jell-O or store brand “gelatin dessert” in different colors
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- For each flavor, dissolve one 3 oz box of jello in one cup of boiling water. Pour into a container and chill (overnight is probably best, but I chilled it 3 hours until firm).
- After chilling the four flavors, cut them into small blocks.
- Carefully mix the blocks in a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms, add 1 1/2 cup boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool.
- Pour cooled milk mixture over jello. Skim off the bubbles for a nicer finished product.
- Chill overnight.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Broken Glass Jello