puff pastry has been a long time favorite of my friends and family. my mom got the recipe from a friend a long, long time ago and we’ve made it for almost every potluck, christmas party, etc. since then. it’s also a frequent request of my friends whenever we have a party or something. i make it so much i even have the recipe memorized (though it really isn’t too complicated, haha). this batch didn’t have any strawberries but it’s much better with sliced strawberry laid on top of the filling. still they are delicious! it’s super easy but looks really fancy. perfect!
we don’t remember… sorry!
- 1 box Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip
- A box contains 2 sheets of puff pastry. The puff pastry sheet comes folded into thirds: unfold and cut along seam. Then cut each third into six pieces.
- Evenly distribute the pastry on baking sheet and bake until light brown in 400 degree oven.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in cool whip.
- After puff pastry is cooled, slice in half and fill with the cream cheese mixture between the two sides (top and bottom).
- If you like, sliced strawberries can be placed in between the cream cheese layer.
- Try to stuff pastry last minute so it doesn’t get soggy.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate.